Ko-fi believes in freedom of speech and freedom for creators to produce the content that they want and their fans enjoy. However, Ko-fi must be a safe place for everyone and cannot be a venue for illegal, violent, adult, sexual, or hateful content.
Payment Provider Requirements
Without payment providers such as PayPal and Stripe, there can be no Ko-fi.
Strictly Prohibited Adult Content
Ko-fi cannot be used as the venue for sexually explicit or adult-themed content. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pornography, nudity, depictions of rape, incest, bestiality and any other adult or obscene content including implied, suggested or censored in any form such as:
- imagery (including illustrative)
- links to or from external sites or content containing such material
- Sexual services such as prostitution, escorts, pay-per view, or adult live chat features
Censoring Otherwise Adult Content
Censoring otherwise adult content is also strictly prohibited. This includes:
- Censoring otherwise adult content with emoji's, illustrations, blurring, or other methods;
- Covering nudity with body parts or objects;
- Offering uncensored versions of content to subscribers or at third party sites or links.
Other Strictly Prohibited Content
Ko-fi pages and content must also not be used in connection with any of the following:
- Any activity that violates any law or governmental regulation industry requirements or money laundering regulation.
- Hate speech, intimidation or abuse of any kind targeting any individual, group, or institution,
- Funding a ransom, human trafficking or exploitation, vigilantism, bribes or bounty,
- Products or services that directly infringe or facilitate infringement upon the trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets, or proprietary or privacy rights of any third party,
- Content including links to and from the platform which is fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate or dishonest,
- Transactions for the sale of items, goods or services including digital downloads with the purpose of avoiding paying taxes,
- Violent or execssively gory content or content which glorifies violence in any way.
Read the full terms and conditions of use here.
What if I tag my Page as NSFW?
Ko-fi does offer the ability to tag your page as NSFW. The NSFW tag does not permit Ko-fi members to use their page or create content which does not comply with this policy. Find out more about when to use the NSFW tag here.
Limited or Unpublished Accounts
Accounts which have been flagged as inappropriate by our payment partners, Ko-fi page viewers, Ko-fi staff or our auto-filtering technology may be either limited or unpublished. This action may have been taken by a Ko-fi team member or it may have occurred as a result of our automated content filtering.
What happens when my account is Limited?
If you have received a notice that your account has been limited, this means your page has been deemed to violate the terms of our payment providers PayPal and Stripe. Limited accounts have the gallery, posts, and profile section disabled for viewers of the page. However, you can still accept payments, but some features are under review and your account may still be unpublished.
What happens when my account is Unpublished?
If you have received a notice that your account has been unpublished, this means that your page has been deemed to violate the terms of our payment providers PayPal and Stripe in a more serious way. Unpublished pages will no longer be reachable by anybody but the page owner. Pages will be unpublished due to either illegal or adult content being found on your page. Ko-fi is not a venue for this content and your page will only be republished if you are able to demonstrate that this content has been permanently removed.
How can you remove the limitations or request your page to be republished?
To remove these limitations please log in to your page and edit the content to ensure it falls within the guidelines found at (Zendesk article) and here. Once you believe any content which falls outside of these terms has been removed, please submit a ticket identifying your page. Providing your changes now meet these terms, your page limitations may be removed at the discretion of Ko-fi alone.